For 2016 I tried to do some kind of retrospective: 2016 retrospective
I failed to do so before the end of 2017, but I'll try to write some notes now.
Although in 2016 I managed to release 3 apps, this year I've been a bit more busy. I've only released,
I should also mention that I finally cleared Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain, a game I worked on for 3 years, and that it took me an additional 1.5 years to complete...
I think I've done lots of learning,
- Improved my Swift skills, while writing ComplexFeelings and some other unreleased projects.
- Learned a lot more about Metal. For most of the year I dedicated most of my free time to develop a VR engine entirely written in Metal and Swift. Can't share much of it, but I wrote another blog post on Weighted-Blended Order Independent Transparency
- Apart from VR, I learned a bit of AR. I learned a bit about Vuforia using Unity, and I followed some ARKit tutorials.
- Continued working as Engineer Manager in my crew at work. I also published a blog post about how I run our scrum retrospectives.
- My reputation in Stackoverflow increased from 329 to 739. Again not much, but a small contribution is better than no contribution.
A brief interlude with some slightly negative things,
Again, there are too many things I want to do, and too little time...
- I practiced piano, but just to the level I wouldn't forget how to play a couple of songs I memorized... But I haven't managed to play anything new, and my score-reading skills are close to 0 now... Same as last year...
- I haven't read any book yet... I've read some programming books, but not sure that counts...
- My Japanese is getting worse... I use it at home, but our conversations aren't technical... Also, I don't read as much as I used to do.
Cat! We got a cute 8-month old cat to close the year. Her name is Poppy 😊
And my highlight of movies that I've watched this year,
I have short reviews in Letterboxd
Music albums of the year,
- Again, I travelled several times to Barcelona this year, and had really good time with my family ❤️
- Visited Tokyo again, basically to met friends and ex-colleagues 😊
- Short nice trips to Brighton, Girona, and Menorca
And that's been my 2017! I think it's been quite good, but again I failed to admin my free time and include time for doing NOTHING!
- "Final Fantasy XV" soundtrack. I haven't played the game yet, but I love the soundtrack by Yoko Shimomura
- "Utopia" by Björk.