AchievementsAlthough in 2016 I managed to release 3 apps, this year I've been a bit more busy. I've only released,
- ComplexFeelings, an iOS app/game to keep track of your feelings and needs.
Power up!I think I've done lots of learning,
- Improved my Swift skills, while writing ComplexFeelings and some other unreleased projects.
- Learned a lot more about Metal. For most of the year I dedicated most of my free time to develop a VR engine entirely written in Metal and Swift. Can't share much of it, but I wrote another blog post on Weighted-Blended Order Independent Transparency
- Apart from VR, I learned a bit of AR. I learned a bit about Vuforia using Unity, and I followed some ARKit tutorials.
- Continued working as Engineer Manager in my crew at work. I also published a blog post about how I run our scrum retrospectives.
- My reputation in Stackoverflow increased from 329 to 739. Again not much, but a small contribution is better than no contribution.
Power down...A brief interlude with some slightly negative things,
- I practiced piano, but just to the level I wouldn't forget how to play a couple of songs I memorized... But I haven't managed to play anything new, and my score-reading skills are close to 0 now... Same as last year...
- I haven't read any book yet... I've read some programming books, but not sure that counts...
- My Japanese is getting worse... I use it at home, but our conversations aren't technical... Also, I don't read as much as I used to do.
FunCat! We got a cute 8-month old cat to close the year. Her name is Poppy 😊 Trips!
- Again, I travelled several times to Barcelona this year, and had really good time with my family ❤️
- Visited Tokyo again, basically to met friends and ex-colleagues 😊
- Short nice trips to Brighton, Girona, and Menorca
- "Final Fantasy XV" soundtrack. I haven't played the game yet, but I love the soundtrack by Yoko Shimomura
- "Utopia" by Björk.